Thursday, August 30

I was out having dinner with a friend one day and she said that from what she read on my blog - things seem to be going very well.

Mark says then: Her blog is like the Gold 90.5FM ad.. “Only hear the good stuff”...



Well, and I’ve been thinking - Why not?

After all, we want to remember the good stuff! As for the so-called bad parts, we want to remember them, but we don’t need to remember the details.. The most important part to remember is what we learnt from the whole issue, how we grow to know each other better from it.

This reminds me of a short fable my friend sent to me recently... Do read through, and i hope that each and every one of us will learn something from it...


Two friends were traveling in the desert. At one point in their journey, they quarreled; one of them even gave the other a slap. The one who had been hit was very angry. Without a word, he wrote in the sand – “Today, my best friend slapped me.”

They continued on their journey.

Upon reaching an oasis, they decided to stop for a rest. The friend who had been hit fell into the deep water and would have drowned if his friend had not saved him. After he recovered, he took a small knife, and carved onto a rock – “Today, my best friend saved my life.”

The friend was very curious, and asked him, “Why was it that you wrote in the sand when I had hit you, and you are carving this message on a rock instead?

Smiling, the other party replied, “When hurt by a friend, the memory should be kept in an easily forgotten place – the wind will take care of erasing the hurt. Conversely, when helped by a friend, we should keep that knowledge deep in our heart, where neither wind nor time can erase it.”

Between friends, injury is usually not deliberate; but a helping hand comes from the heart. Forget those injury made in carelessness, and remember instead the help and care extended to you.

No comments: