Thursday, October 12


First time donating blood today~!
Decided to go down to the Bloodbank @ HSA with Kai after seeing the long long queue at ntu.. Figured that since i should go to work, and it's on his way home, we might as well make a trip down there... =)
The sticker says "Be Nice to Me. This is my first donation." hehe... yeah, i felt a bit of an alien after putting it on, but i guess it's worth it when the lady testing the iron in the blood gives me a comforting pat.. hee.. I like my squeezy ball - Halloween is coming soon, and he's gonna help me set the mood~! haha.. Oh, and their bandage is like so cute.. The nurse gave me a pink one to match my top, and it has Give Blood printed all over it! It was my badge of honor as i walked along Orchard Road to my work place....
But, back to the main point.. donating blood was not as scary as i thought.. (Ok, a big part was having our teddy, Kai, there.. hehe.. After all, he survived, didn't he.. haha..) Well, main point - minimal pain! very very important.. and it's not painful after also... Really!
Saw this board with the names of people who have donated blood 50 times already.. Kai did the maths, and we realised that assuming they went every 3 months on the dot (min time required), they needed 12 years to fulfill it.. Wow.... very committed - Inspiring~
Anyway, I think i really amused the nurses, cos everytime they lift the bandage to check on the needle, i turned my head.. My best pal, yuan, says that she's fascinated by the needle - but it's ok, i'm not masochistic, ya~! hehe... It's enough to know that i'm taking the first small step in helping others...
And know what, i think that is the most important point of all these - it made me so happy the whole day...

No comments: