Monday, May 21



Finally, an update on my week...



It's been a week at SAL - and i'm really happy to be working here.. My direct sup is a very nice gal - she treats me like a subordinate, not an intern, if u know what i mean.. They include me in meetings and even the informal ones too. Clear instructions, patient guidance & friendly conversation. =D She's great!!!



The workload here essentially requires ownership. I have a project of my own during my stay in this department to work on, and another two reports for the department head as well. I believe it's going to take some personal time to do it, so - don't be surprised if on a weekend, i say i'm home.. hee...



The colleagues are really friendly too - got to know this group of temp staff who all work in different departments. We're thinking of having a weekly lunch together~ ^^ I hope it happens, cos they're really fun to talk to. Pity 2 of them are ending in June le.. Hope she chooses NTU.. haha...

On the down side, i have yet to touch a word of the e-log.. -_-" No energy honestly.. Trying to get used to the hours & having to wake up 6am again. By the time u end work, u've been awake for 12 hours... zzz... I even forgot to call my NTU supervisor, which was supposed to have been done last week! Called and emailed her today.. =P And my supervisor is Dr. Cindy Chung! @_@



But my sup is really decent about working hours. Like today, i was trying to rush out something she wanted, so i was prepared to stay late already. Then at 7pm, she realised i was still around, and she shoo-ed me home.. ^^ Deadline extended till tml~! yay!!!



I like my working environment.. It may look 'cold' to a certain extent - but the modern design incorporates the space into the design. Very spacious, and bright. Of course, it being what it is - very peaceful too.. The journey from the entrance up to my office every morning relaxes me...

No comments: