Saturday, October 13

No more Jack's Place!


Went for dinner w my pri sch fren yesterday @ Jack’s Place in AMK. Really appreciate the nice nice dinner – but after yesterday, I really think – Jack’s Place ought to be struck off the list of places I will go to. This was the first time I took so long to finish a steak, that it is cold by the time I reach a third of it. It was so difficult to eat!

1. The cut of the meat was all wrong. It ought to be so that when customers cut the meat, it is across the grain of the meat, not with it. So difficult to cut, so difficult to chew.
2. There were so many tendons throughout the steak, and everyone knows right, it is so difficult to cut through. Ugh.
3. Sirloin steak tends to have this area which is like a soft-bone of sorts, by the side right? The one I had yesterday – had it too – but really thick and around 50% of the perimeter. Cut till I want to die.

It’s really a waste lor, cos the food itself is great, the steak was really juicy and sweet. Such a pity that I can’t enjoy it properly, wasting so much time cutting it. The salad was good, very fresh & a generous serving of thousand island sauce. Uhm, I’m not eating the vegs on the main course though – the broccoli tastes horrible, all soggy & falling apart. They even managed to screw up corn. Ew.

The traditional service of putting the sour cream on the baked potato at the table was good still, and the service during the meal was okay. But I think because of the first impression I got when we got there – I still think the service sucks there. When we got there, it was only 9pm, and this staff saw us, but ignored us and went away to a corner. We stepped further into the restaurant and saw the same staff standing in that corner and doing nothing!!! ^#@#$$R$^&*(**#^**&%$ My fren had to say – “table for 2” before he came over. Bloody hell, so people go into a restaurant for fun de la, and just ‘see scenery’ is it. Idiot.

And his attitude sucks. He took the menu and simply wanted to walk away. I was staring at him lor, I really wanted to skin him alive already, and I think he saw my expression. He made this perfunctory motion of showing the direction to go. Ugh!! My face was darn black lor, and I made sure the manager saw it. So pissed. Give my fren face – ignore them.. *take a deep breath…*

Anyway, end of story. I am so not going back to Jack’s Place at AMK. No way.

No comments: