Friday, April 28

Election~

Interestingly, my prediction was wrong~ haha... My constituency did not walk over this year.. And PAP didn't win the election out right this time~? Interesting... Haha... I get to vote this year... Hmm.. wondering if it'll be fun.... Eh.. have to queue, wait... Er~ But nvm la, just try it once~ =) (Hmmm.. may not get to vote the next election~ ha!)



Previous Post on 25th April 06

Politics~
It's the election again, and though we'll only know the day after, i'm pretty definite that i won't need to vote again this time round... Sigh.. Apparently my constituency is too stable for any opposition to be interested in it.. Haha...


I'm not being anti-PAP, in fact, if i had to vote, i will still vote for PAP.. I dunno, the white uniform is just that deeply ingrained~ haha.. It's just that it's very obvious that those constituencies who have opposition trying to vie for their attention get more attention from the leaders... Just take for example, the Hougang area - did u know they get free breakfast?! My mum told me that, and i heard it on the radio later also.. Hmmm.... Wondering how it goes.. ^^

Well, was just chatting with my mum, and we ended up with this conclusion:
40 years ago, when Singapore was growing, we needed the solidarity, honesty and stability that PAP was able to give and lead Singapore. In this present time and climate, the needs of Singapore is different, and needs more perspective and new ideas on issues and such. Thus, we need different people or rather, the so-called opposition parties, who help to provide a different view on matters... It's just weird that there doesn't seem to be much new blood who makes an impact?? I mean, i really don't remember much of the new candidates who were introduced this round...


That's bad. And i myself, is one of those who don't really bother much about politics stuff... Hmm.. Too used to living in this safe political climate and gotten too used to not needing to think about things?! mmm.. think the word's apathetic? That means: having little or no interest or concern for those who don't know...

No comments: